Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Favorite Collectibles: MSIA Battle Damaged RX-78-2 Gundam & Amuro Ray Figure

Is been pretty fun taking old toys out to play while posting about them.  Here is another one of my favorites... The MSIA (Mobile Suit In Action) Battle Damaged RX-78-2 Gundam and a Gashapon Amuro Ray figure.  Thought it would be nice posing them together.

I was a pretty intense collector of MSIA figures until I stopped when the MSIA SEED series came out with their lesser quality make.  I was pretty happy when the EMSIA (Extened Mobile Suit In Action) were issued, but that line was short lived.  That pretty much ended my collect'em all mentality for Gundam action figures.... even the latest Robot Damashii line couldn't rekindle that fire which I once had...  Nevertheless, I love these old figures!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW FULL POST... 













6 comments:

  1. very cool. used to buy the msia when gundam was popular in the states. once gundam started to die out in america these action figures became hard to find. Now they are really expensive on ebay :((((

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Last Shooting" (or "Battle Scared" here in the US) figures are what inspired my "Last Shooting Project" models back in the day. It was fun trying to replicate the damage seen on these figures on a nearly twice-the-size Master Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've still got bunch of Battle Scarred G/Wing figures stashed somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The legacy of Amuro Ray never dies... I put my character figure beside my 1/100 scale RX-78-2 Ver 2.0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Goooooood looks like it has be recently dug out of the dirt.

    ReplyDelete

Gundam Guy Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails